Review of JavaPresse Manual Coffee Bean Grinder
The Pros of the JavaPresse Grinder:
- Quality ceramic burr grinder.
- Body is made from stainless steel and not plastic for long term life.
- 15 different settings gives you the ability to find the perfect grind texture for each brewing method.
- No batteries or plugins so you can use anywhere. Even while traveling.
- The hand crank is designed for easy use. Minimal muscle power required.
- Overall quite considering you are grinding.
- Easy to clean after use.
The Cons of the JavaPresse Grinder:
- The overall grind capacity is smaller then others but will do the trick.
- Grinding larger amounts will take time due to its smaller capacity.
- You will need to replace the burrs over time.
- You have to physically use the grinder instead of using an electric powered grinder.
What JavaPresse Claims Sets Their Grinder Apart From Others:
- Doesn't "hack" beans like it's electric counterpart, often leaving chunky & inconsistent pieces in your grind.
- Doesn't heat beans during the grinding process leaving minimal negative impact on flavor.
- Tends to last longer than electric models due to it's minimalistic design and quality ceramic parts.
- Let's you to grind only what you need instead of grinding a bunch of beans ahead of time.
- Is much quieter than even the most quiet of electric grinders.
Most Common Positive Reviews From Customers:
- Brewer is light weight and very easy to use with minimal effort after delivery. No crazy assembly required.
- Overall quality is sturdy and holds up to repeated use and handling.
- The multiple settings makes it easy to grind different levels and is perfect for using with an AeroPress, Chemex, Pour Over and Drip Brewers.
- Easily transported for use while camping, hiking or on vacation.
- Top notch customer service responding to complaints and concerns.
- Grind quality and level is consistent each time.
Most Common Negative Reviews From Customers
- Damaged brewer on delivery. (Customer service seems to make this right quickly).
- The ceramic burrs will need replacing (However parts are relatively inexpensive to buy)
- Smaller capacity means you will need more time to grind larger amounts.
Overall we would recommend this manual grinder as the price point is great for a grinder you can use for years. You can check current price and see what others are saying on Amazon Here.
If you are unsure whether a manual or electric grinder is right for you, read our article about the different types of grinders you can use.
Want More Coffee Content?
- Daily Coffee Grind - Click Here
- Coffee Reviews - Click Here
- Coffee Brewing Guides - Click Here
- Coffee Brewer Reviews - Click Here
- All Things Tea - Click Here
As an Amazon Associate Meadow Ridge May earn from qualifying purchases.