Keurig K-Elite Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Brewer Review
K-Elite Brewer Features
Model Name: K-Elite
- Water Reservoir: 75 ounces
5 Brewing Cup Sizes: 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 10oz, 12oz
Display: Small digital display screen with clock
- Controls: Button controls for brew strength, size, temperature
- Energy Saver Auto On/Off: Yes
- High Altitude Setting: Yes
- Strong Brew Option: Yes
- Removable Water Reservoir: Yes
- Water Filter Add On: Yes
- Dimensions: 9.9"W x 12.7"D x 13.1"H
K-Elite Brew Quality: 4/5
- Brew Quality: Like any K-Cup brewer the quality of the coffee will be below pour over and more hands on styles. However the K-Elite does a better job of achieving a stronger brew compared to many other brands and older models.
- Brew Speed: With the ability to brew a 12 ounce cup in under 60 seconds this brewer is at the top of its game for brewing speed.
- Brewing Temperature: The K-Elite allows for customized brewing temperatures (between 187 and 192 degrees) which is great because no two coffee drinkers are alike and what is lukewarm for me may be scalding hot for others. Temperature is also a very important factor in coffee extraction and this is a rare feature to find on any K-Cup machine including other Keurig models.
- Strong Brew: At the push of a button you can select a stronger brew with this model. This feature is not found on many brewers on the market.
K-Elite Special Features: 5/5
- Multiple Cup Sizes: We do like the addition of the extra cup sizes. The K-Elite allows you to brew 4oz,6oz,8oz, 10oz, and 12oz cups. While you will not be able to brew a full pot or carafe, the drip tray is removable which will allow you to fit a travel mug. (May need to run two brew cycles to fill) This is still a wider range compared to many.
- Hot Water: The K-Elite has a hot water function which is ideal for those who like to steep tea.
- Energy Saver: Programmable on and off helps save energy when the machine is not in use.
- Maintenance Reminder: The machine will remind you when it is time to descale your brewer (Clean)
- Iced Or Hot Coffee: Although the brewer will not brew cold, you can select a lower temperature and brew lukewarm over ice for an iced coffee
- Quiet Brewing: The K-Elite is not silent but is much quieter compared to older models and other brands. This way you can brew without waking up the entire house.
Water Reservoir: 5/5
- Larger Size: The K-Elite features one of the larger water reservoirs for all of the Keruig models and just about any home brewer. At 75 ounces of water you can make up to six full sized cups (12oz). If you choose the smaller brew sizes you can achieve 10-15 cups.
Removable Side Location: The side location is much easier to refill and access compared to the smaller brewers and their top or back location. The removable feature allows for easy refilling from the sink or fridge without the need to fill up cups.
Filter: Included in the box is a water filter and handle set. This is a must for locations with hard water as the mineral build up can clog the machine. Installing is easy and the filters are relatively cheap to replace. (Suggested every 60 tank refills).
If you do not want to use the filter attachment inside the water reservoir we suggest using filtered water from a Brita, your fridge or distilled water.
- One of the largest water reservoir options on the market with 75 ounces. Reservoir is removable to make refilling easy.
- Brews a full cup in under a minute.
- Energy saving options with auto on/off features.
- Brews a stronger cup as compared to prior models.
- Durable design for long term brewers.
- Does not include the cup scanner which allows you to brew both official Keurig K-Cups and off brands. (See our single serve cup collection)
- Offers both a hot coffee and iced coffee option along with a hot water selection for hot cocoa pods.
- Includes a water filter kit. (We highly suggest these as hard water can clog the internal tubes)
- Keurig offers a 1 year warranty on their brewers. Just make sure to register on their website.
- No LED or touch screen display option on this model.
- Maximum brew size is 12 ounces. For Keurig this is a common option while make other brands have full pot and travel mug brewing sizes up to 60 ounces.
- Needle can break off if you press down too hard. Keurig does sell relatively cheap replacement parts. (Find on Amazon)
- If you plan to brew a lot of coffee you will need to refill the water reservoir often.
K-Elite Special Tip:
For a hotter brew temperature you can brew a second cup right after the first or select a smaller brewing size and double up as this will kick on the water heating mechanism and produce a higher water temperature for the second brew cycle.
Who This Brewer Is Ideal For?
The K Elite is perfect for medium size families and offices who like various types of coffee flavors or brew at different times of the day.
The larger reservoir is perfect for multi person homes and will likely be enough water for an entire day.
Those who like various temperature settings, brew strengths and cup sizes.
Anyone who likes a simple yet quality machine that can offer many features with simple buttons.
Who This Brew is Not Ideal For?
The K-Elite is not suggested for those who want to make large pots, travel mugs or other large brew sizes.
Anyone on a budget. While the brewer is reasonably priced for its quality the K-Cups can run you around 50-95 cents per cup of coffee. Consider a reusable K-Cup attachment for lower cost brewing. You can find hundreds of options on Amazon.
Finally we don’t not suggest this brewer for office break rooms which see high volume or commercial use. You can find plenty of commercial style brewers which will not require constant reservoir refills.
As far as Keurig brewers go, the K-Elite offers more basic features to customize your cup of joe and is a more than serviceable machine for any kitchen, with counter space to spare.
Keurig has a solid reputation, warranty program and discounts on K-Cups on their website. Make sure to register your brewer's warranty on their website after purchasing.
We take our coffee seriously and you should too considering how the quality of the brew can make or break your morning. Compare a variety of Single serve coffee brewers on amazon and find the best fit for your kitchen and personal needs.
Where To Buy?
Other Coffee Brewers To Consider:
|Read Our Review|
Cuisinart SS10 Premium Brewer
|Read Our Review|
Want More Coffee Content?
- Daily Coffee Grind - Click Here
- Coffee Reviews - Click Here
- Coffee Brewing Guides - Click Here
- Coffee Brewer Reviews - Click Here
- All Things Tea - Click Here
As an Amazon Associate Meadow Ridge may earn from qualifying purchases.